The title of today's post is SO exciting. I know! I bet you all are like, glued to your computer screens right now in anticipation. (TOTALLY KIDDING.)
Unfortunately, Cleaning is just something we have to do..well, I mean, I guess you don't HAVE too. But you get where I'm coming from, right? I'm here to try and attempt to make it, well..a little more fun. If that's even possible.
Sometimes, the littlest things make me insanely happy, like when I discovered this little trick for (cleaning grout) or when I found out what (baking soda can do)!
Just like this little method to cleaning your sinks makes me happy. I think that cleaning our sinks is something that we often overlook. I mean, we do dishes in it..so it doesn't need to be cleaned. Right? WRONG. SO WRONG. Imagine all of the gunk that gets caught up from your dirty dishes, or the meat juice that comes when you open up the package. Just rinsing it out with water will NOT disinfect. So, that's where bleach comes in.
I know some of you are SOOOO OPPOSED to using bleach, and that's cool. I mean, I try to avoid it when I can..but truthfully. I love the smell and how clean things feel after using it. I bet you'd be surprised when I told you we'd be using BLEACH to shine up our sinks today. Or maybe you are a super cool person and already know about this little "trick" to keeping your sink shiny and CLEAN!
So I'm here to blow your mind and tell you the 5 simple steps to shining up and cleaning your kitchen sink today. It's soo simple!
1. FILL YOUR SINK UP WITH HOT WATER.
2. DUMP IN 1 CUP OF BLEACH & 1 TBS. of dish liquid if you choose.
3. LET SOAK FOR 15 MINUTES (MINIMUM.)
4. EMPTY THE SINK (at this point it should already be shiny and clean but we are taking this thing to the next level!)
5. GET A 1/2 CUP OF OLIVE OIL AND WIPE DOWN THE SINK WITH A CLEAN, DRY, RAG. WIPE EVERYTHING! INCLUDING THE FAUCET.
6. At this point, your sink should be so sparkly and shiny it blinds you. (being a little sarcastic here, okay..) so sit back..and enjoy all the hard (or not so hard) work!
BEFORE: GROSS DIRTY YUCKY SINK-
I do this method every night before bed. Something about having a clean sink just makes it easier to sleep at night.
(I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM, OKAY!?) You would benefit tremendously just by doing this once a week. Try it and see for yourself! I'll wait!
Now let's chat about it! Did this method work for you? Do you have another way of cleaning your sinks? I'd love to hear! Just leave a comment below or let's talk on Instagram! Also, are you following on Snapchat!? I share little tips and tricks there all the time! [@glamfarmhouse] Hope to hear from you soon!